FSU Transportation & Parking Services (TAPS) has launched its initiative to transition to a “virtual" parking permit. Beginning May 1, 2015, parking permits will be associated with a vehicle's license plate rather than a traditional windshield sticker or hang-tag. All students, faculty and staff will be required to register their vehicle information by April 30, 2015.
On May 1, 2015, all current Student (W), Faculty/Staff (R, RP) and Dean/Director/Departmental (DP) parking permits (shown below) will become invalid without an associated vehicle registered to the permit. Note: No action is needed for motorcycle or scooter permit holders, as a valid "MC" parking sticker will continue to be required. Also, existing Faculty/Staff gate cards and clickers will continue to work.
To register your vehicle:
- Collect your vehicle information (license plate number, vehicle year, make and model)
- Go to https://transportation.fsu.edu/ebusiness/cmn/auth.aspx
- Log in with your FSUID and password
- Click on View Your Permits
- Click the Permit Number
- Review the information listed in Associated Vehicles
- If the vehicle information listed under Associated Vehicles is incorrect, either select a vehicle to edit or click Add Vehicles to Permit to enter a new vehicle.
- After completion, your vehicle information will be listed under the Associated Vehicles section.
For more information about virtual permits, including frequently asked questions, visit https://transportation.fsu.edu/virtualpermit
To assist with vehicle registration, TAPS representatives and computer kiosks are available at the TAPS office, located in the FSUCard Center, Monday-Friday, 8AM to 5PM. Permit holders will receive reminders about registering their vehicle information through April 30, 2015. All vehicle information must be registered using the instructions above by May 1, 2015, to avoid a parking citation.
Note: Students, faculty and staff who are not using payroll deduction will need to order a 2015-2016 virtual parking permit beginning August 14, 2015.
1. Collect Your Information
Blackboard Log In, Address & Contact Info, License Plate Number, Make/Model/Color/Year of your Vehicle.
2. Log Into Your Parking Account
Click here to login into your parking account with your FSUID and password.
3. Enter Information as Prompted to Register
You're Done! What's next?
Stay up to date with Transportation and Parking Services updates!