No vehicle? No problem! There are many benefits to leave your vehicle behind when you come to FSU. We have tons of convenient transportation services available, whenever you need them.
Important Rideshare Safety Tips to Keep in Mind
- Share your trip with others. If you need to travel alone, consider taking the carpool option. It allows you to ride with others who have a similar destination.
- Request your ride before you go outside.
- Verify the identity of the driver and car before entering the vehicle. The ridesharing app will show you the driver’s photo, the vehicle’s license plate number, and the make and model of the car.
- Check the driver’s ratings and read the feedback before you confirm a pick-up. Cancel the request if you are not comfortable with the driver.
- Keep your personal information confidential.
- NEVER give your name to the driver. Before entering the vehicle you ALWAYS want to ask the driver “What is my name?” If he or she does not state your name exactly DO NOT get into the vehicle, immediately seek safety inside and call 911.
- If something doesn’t feel right, don’t get into the vehicle.
- Sit in the back seat and wear your seatbelt.
- Know your surroundings. Use the app to follow your driver’s progress before they pick you up and while you are en route to your destination.
- If your personal safety is threatened, call emergency personnel immediately.
There are so many benefits of commuting together! Whether it is finding parking easier, creating a safer space for pedestrians or bicyclists, or saving money on gas– Rideshare benefits everyone. Rideshare is a quick, secure, and personal way to find commuting options all over Tallahassee. Using your home and campus addresses, you can find a carpool or bus that matches your commute, as well as nearby FSU commuters looking for carpool, biking, or walking partners.
Sign up for free here!
Download the app today!
Need a ride anywhere in Tallahassee? If so, the Nole Cab is for you! It offers a discounted rate for students with a valid FSUCard.
Saturday-Thursday: 10 PM - 4 AM
Friday: 6 PM - 4 AM
- $5 per vehicle load anywhere in the Nole Cab Zone
- Up to 4 students/ up to 2 stops in the same direction
- 1 student must present their valid FSUCard
To order a ride:
- Hail a Yellow Cab from anywhere in the Nole Cab Zone
- Download and order thru the free RideYellow mobile app
- Call a cab (850) 999.9999
* Text your location to 76922
You can also travel between the Nole Cab Zone and the Tallahassee International Airport for a flat rate of $15 plus $3 tax. Call (850) 999.9999 and mention code T-999.
Note: SAFE Connection will not be running as of November 24, 2020. It will resume on January 16, 2021.
Want to get somewhere quickly and safely on campus at night?
The S.A.F.E. (Student Alert Force Escort) Connection taxi gives rides to students on campus for FREE!
If you need a ride, please call (850) 644.SAFE (7233)
Available nightly, 7 days a week, from 7 PM to 2:30 AM when classes are in session
For questions and concerns please email email@example.com. For general information, call (850) 644.1234.
In partnership with the FSU Student Government Association.
Need to get outside and away from campus? Catch the RezRide and visit the FSU Reservation!
The Rez is a 73-acre facility, with 10 active acres, located on beautiful Lake Bradford. Its unique natural setting offers you canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, picnicking, swimming, sand volleyball, disc golf, and many other activities!
Florida State University has partnered with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to the area! Cars are available in several locations on campus.
The low hourly or daily fee includes the car, gas, and insurance.
Earn free driving for your club, organization, or department! Check out the Students With Drive program.
FSU ZipCar locations here.
Capital City Pedicabs
Capital City Pedicabs is now serving the FSU community with routes around downtown, Gaines Street, the All Saints District, Railroad Square, and College Town.
Each Pedicab is powered by a well-trained, certified, and licensed driver. Call a driver today! (850) 296.2786
- $5 on campus
- $10 off campus
Commuter Services of North Florida
Florida State University is proudly partnered with Commuter Services of North Florida – your resource for carpools, vanpools and biking in Tallahassee!
- Public Transit
- Emergency Ride Home Program
Need to find a ride? Call now! (888) 454.RIDE (7433)
Big Bend Transit - Gadsden County
If you live in Gadsden County, Big Bend Transit provides express transit service on two routes.
The Gadsden Express provides weekday and Saturday service between Quincy and Tallahassee with stops in Midway, TCC, and C.K. Steele Plaza.
The Havana Express provides weekday service between Havana and Lake Jackson Town Center in Tallahassee where riders can connect with StarMetro’s Forest and Big Bend routes.
The one-way fare for both the Gadsden Express and Havana Express is $1. This is a great, low-cost transportation option for FSU students, faculty, and staff who live in Gadsden County.
For more information, visit bigbendtransit.org or call (850) 627.9958.