Virtual parking permits expire August 15th each year except payroll deduction permits. Whether you are a student, faculty, or staff, everyone needs a permit to park on campus. If you are in need of a permit, please go to the permit section on this site and register for yours now. Remember, you must register your vehicle's license plate information and associate it with your virtual permit.
Where can I park?
|Types of Spaces||
4:30pm and Weekends
|Student (W) White Spaces||YES||NO||YES|
|Employee (R) Red Spaces||NO||YES||YES*|
Must park in designated Motorcycle/Scooter spaces -
|Metered Spaces||Yes, must pay meter||Yes, must pay meter||Yes, and it's free!|
(20 minute max)
(20 minute max)
|Handicap Spaces||Special Permit Required||Special Permit Required||Special Permit Required|
- *Unless otherwise noted on signage.
- Parking is never allowed in fire lanes, bus lanes, or other undesignated areas (curbs, grass, etc.).
- Be aware of parking changes during home football games.
Parking in the center of campus fills up quickly. Parking is most available in the parking garages and parking lots on the perimeter of campus. To find available parking in our parking garages, download the FSUTranz mobile app, free from the Apple or Android app stores.
Due to the size of campus, parking is limited to certain areas for students, employees, and visitors. Campus parking is enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Signage is posted at the entrance of all campus lots. Pay attention to signage when parking your vehicle on campus.
Some campus lots are gated and only accessible with approved gate access cards or remote clickers. Gate times are posted at the entrance by each gate stand. Employee spaces are open to students after 4:30PM each day, although some lots remain closed after this time. Pay attention to signage when parking your vehicle on campus.
- Overnight parking will be permitted on the top floor of all* parking garages. (*top two floors of the Traditions Garage and floors 2 - 7of the W. Pensacola Street Garage)
- All parking spaces require nose-in parking (unless a valid Back-In Permit is displayed). Vehicles backed into a space will receive a citation.
At the Woodward Avenue round-a-bout, FSU Valet is a great way to avoid the stress of finding a parking space.
Click here or call for more information (850) 339-5171.